Updated: My 18, 2020
Disclaimer: Information about COVID-19 is rapidly changing. The information below may not be correct, complete, accurate, and/or may have changed without notice. It's important to get your information from a trusted source. As such, we recommend you frequently visit the Public Health Agency of Canada for the most recent developments and advice.
Important information about IN-CLINIC TREATMENT at EQ Physio!
In-clinic treatment will be a bit different now!
Please review our in-clinic procedures below prior to your appointment.
- CLIENT SCREEN QUESTIONNAIRE
Prior to each in-clinic appointment, please complete our CLIENT SCREEN QUESTIONNAIRE.
This form will be emailed to you and you will need to confirm that you have reviewed it prior arriving in the clinic in order to proceed with your session. Failure to do so will result in loss of some or all of your scheduled time.
Closed for public use (except for emergencies) - please use the washroom prior to coming to the clinic.
- CHANGE OF CLOTHES
Please bring a change of clothes for your appointment. You can then change back into your street clothes when your appointment is completed.
All clients will be required to wear a mask for their appointment. If you do not have a mask, please inform us ahead of your appointment. You may purchase one upon your arrival to the clinic.
- WAITING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please wait outside the clinic in your vehicle until the time of your appointment. Our administrative team will contact you to come in for your appointment. Please confirm your contact number at the time of booking.
- PERSONAL ITEMS
Please leave all personal items in your vehicle (including bags, bottles, jackets) in your vehicle.
- ACCOMPANYING PERSONS
If you require someone to accompany you to your appointment (parent/guardian, assistant), please inform our administrative team so that they can obtain their contact details. They will also need to complete the CLIENT SCREEN QUESTIONNAIRE prior to arriving to the clinic.
- HAND SANITIZATION
Upon entering the clinic, you will need to sanitize your hands. We have provided hand sanitizer at our front desk. Our receptionist must observe you completing this task.
- TREATMENT ROOM
Please change into the clothes you brought for your therapy session.
Your appointment will take place in the treatment room. Use of our gym space will occur under specific circumstances.
- BOOKING FOLLOW-UPS
Please pre-book your follow up sessions as soon as possible. These can be done over the phone or through our PATIENT PORTAL. Any new bookings can be done with our receptionist.
Please confirm any outstanding balance with our receptionist prior to leaving the office. Payment should be provided by contactless methods as much as possible (e-transfer, credit card/debit card, no cash/cheque)
- EXITING THE OFFICE
Please sanitize your hands prior to leaving the office. You must keep your mask on until after leaving the office.
Please stay behind our plexiglass shield while speaking with our receptionist.
PLEASE NOTE: The office is still open for ONLINE VIDEO Home Rehab Sessions. These can be covered by your insurance plan - please confirm with your provider.
News patients, please contact the office at 905-599-6478 or email us at Info@EQQPhysio.com to request an appointment. For follow-up appointments, please contact the office at 905-599-6478 or book online through our PATIENT PORTAL
What has our practice done to make your appointments as safe as possible?
- Cleaning and disinfecting regularly. We have intensified our cleaning and disinfecting procedures of frequently touched surfaces.
- We are educating our company staff about COVID-19. We are regularly educating and updating our clinical and administrative staff with information from trusted sources such as the Public Health Agency of Canada.
We highly recommend that patients use hand sanitizer and/or wash their hands:
- Before each treatment,
- After handling paperwork and/or touching any surfaces and/or therapy equipment, and
- Upon leaving our facility.
If I have shortness of breath, a cough, or a recent fever, should I come in for my regularly scheduled therapy session?
No, stay home if you are suffering with a fever, cough or shortness of breath. Please notify us as soon as possible. You will not be charged a cancellation fee.
If you have had a fever, wait 24-hours from the time your fever ended to attend a therapy treatment session at our office.
Will I be assessed a cancellation penalty if I cancel due to the COVID-19 outbreak?
Every situation is distinct. We expect you to contact us if you are not coming in for an appointment. In most cases, you will not be charged a cancellation fee if your situation justifies it.
What should I do if I think I am sick?
Click Here for a detailed list of steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 if you are sick or suspect you are infected with the virus.
- Stay home
- Avoid public areas
- Avoid public transportation
- Stay away from others
- Limit contact with pets & animals
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor
- Wear a facemask
- Cover your coughs & sneezes
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- Clean all high-touch surfaces
- Monitor your symptoms
What should I do if I have been traveling recently?
If you were traveling outside the country or were on a cruise in the past 14 days:
- Monitor your health and limit interactions with others for 14 days after returning to Canada.
- If a case of COVID-19 was reported on your ship during the cruise, stay home during these 14 days and practice social distancing.
- Stay home if you feel sick with fever, cough, or have trouble breathing and call ahead before you seek medical care
- Seek medical advice. Call ahead before going to a doctor's office or emergency room. Tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
What can I do to protect myself and my family?
- Cover your coughs and sneezes - Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw used tissues in a lined trash can. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or, if soap and water are not available, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean your hands often - Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry. Soap and water are the best option if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing personal household items - You should not share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, or bedding with other people or pets in your home. After using these items, they should be washed thoroughly with soap and water.
- Clean all "high-touch" surfaces everyday - High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables. Also, clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them. Use a household cleaning spray or wipe, according to the label instructions. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.
Here's a List of Links to Some Resources
Public Health Agency of Canada - Make sure you take some time to browse the website. It's full of up-to-date information.