The good news is that the majority of people will recover from a concussion.It can take up to:
- 2 weeks for adults
- 3 to 4 weeks for young adults and children (although it may take up to 2-3 months)
- Sensitivity to motion and visual stimulation
- Balance problems
- Sleep difficulties
- Cognitive difficulties e.g. memory, speech, word finding
- manual therapy techniques on the head, face and neck regions
- exercises to improve neck strength and endurance, eye tracking and movements, vision stabilization, balance, motion sensitivity and tolerance for aerobic exercise
- pain management strategies
- education on your posture and activity modification i.e. getting enough rest
- return to work/school/sport protocol in conjunction with medical advice from your physician.
Please note that management of a concussion requires a multidisciplinary approach. As well, although no referral is required, it is recommended that you are assessed by your physician prior to commencing a concussion rehabilitation program.
Are you interested in Post-Concussion Rehabilitation or unsure of how EQ Physio in Oakville can help? Please email us at info@EQPhysio.com or call us at 905-599-MyPT (6478) for a free 10 minute consult!