What is TMJ therapy?
TMJ therapy is aimed at addressing symptoms and dysfunctions around the jaw joint. These symptoms can include the following:
- pain in/around your jaw or face
- crepitus (clicks and cracks) with opening/closing your jaw
- fatigue and tenderness around your jaw muscles
- difficulty with opening your jaw
- difficulty with chewing and/or talking
- ringing in your ears (tinnitus)
- fullness, pressure, pain in your ear
What does the assessment and treatment involve?
A thorough history taking is vital for understanding your problem.
The physical examination will initially focus on the function of the TMJ (jaw), the skull and the nerves of your face and skull. An exam of your spine and extremities may also be necessary.
The treatment consists of:
- manual therapy techniques on the head, face and neck regions
- pain management strategies
- education on your posture, habit, and activity modification
Are you interested in TMJ Therapy or unsure of how it can help?
Please email us at info@EQPhysio.com or call us at 905-599-MyPT (6478) for a free 10 minute consult!