Is Post Concussion Syndrome Holding You Back From Living a Full and Normal Life?
Does This Describe You?
- You have suffered a concussion injury that is impacting your everyday life?
- Does it feel like life is on hold? Are your symptoms stopping you doing the things you want to do?
- Are you frustrated that your concussion is stopping you being able to drive a car, play sport or even return to work?
- Are you tired of feeling unwell and struggling to spend time with family or friends?
- Are you concerned that you have lost confidence since your concussion injury?
- Are you starting to worry that this will not get better and it will never go away?
Here at EQ Physio we understand just how disruptive and distressing Post Concussion Syndrome can be to your life. To request a call from one of our understanding and knowledgable team members, click the button below:Request Concussion Assessment
What is Post Concussion Syndrome?
A Concussion happens after an impact to our head, causing a traumatic injury to our brain, temporarily affecting brain function.
It causes symptoms such as:
- Poor concentration and memory
- Issues with balance and co-ordination.
These often resolve quickly. It can take up to:
- 2 weeks in adults
- 3-4 weeks to 2-3 months in young adults and children.
However, 5-15% of people, may continue to suffer from symptoms, these cases are described as Post Concussion Syndrome.
What are the Symptoms?
Every person is different but symptoms can include:
- Balance problems
- Sleep difficulties
- Sensitivity to motion and visual stimulation such as bright lights or turning your head.
- Cognitive difficulties e.g. memory, speech, finding the right words.
It Doesn’t Have to Be This Way
You’ll Be Pleased to Know Finally That There is a Solution to this Debilitating Problem
Here at EQ Physio, we specialise in addressing vertigo and dizziness and have developed a Post Concussion Rehab Program.
This program is specifically designed to help you:
- Reclaim your balance
- Get back to doing the things you love
- Live a full and happy life
The Post Concussion Rehab Program
The program is run by the team here at EQ Physio, who have helped many people just like you, struggling with Post Concussion Syndrome.
We have identified a large proportion of people suffering from Post Concussion Syndrome, think or have been told to just rest and give it more time.
However, this is can be very frustrating when you are struggling with symptoms.
Want to Find Out More?
Click below to Instantly Download a FREE information pack –Claim Your Free Info Pack Now
The Post Concussion Rehab Program
This effective 3 Step program involves:
1) Full Assessment
Concussions effect everyone differently. During the assessment we will get to know your story and closely examine your :
- How your injury happened
- Head and eye co-ordination
- Balance and gait
- Motion sensitivity
Each treatment program is tailored to your specific circumstances and goals. Your treatment program may include:
- Manual Therapy to the head, face and neck area
- Exercise rehabilitation for eye tracking and movement, vision stabilisation, balance and motion sensitivity.
- Pain Management Strategies
- Nerve Mobilisation Techniques
- Return to work/school/sports protocols
These vital sessions will guide you through exactly:
- How to stop the symptoms
- How to self manage your issue
- How to avoid the triggers and correctly time your return to work, school or sport
Empowering you to be able to return to doing the things you love, with confidence, without worrying about your Post Concussion Syndrome.
Every case of Post Concussion Syndrome is different depending on the type and severity of your injury and how long you have been struggling with your symptoms.
Here at EQ Physio, our Post Concussion Rehab Program can involve, but may not be limited to:
- Hands on treatment techniques to the your head, face, jaw and neck areas using gentle and effective manual therapy techniques.
- Acupuncture techniques
- Intra-muscluar stimulation (I.M.S)
- Pain management strategies.
- Strength and conditioning techniques to improve your neck strength and endurance.
- Exercise rehabilitation for eye tracking and eye movements including visual stabilisation techniques.
- Education on posture and modifying your activity levels during your recovery
- Exercise to improve motion sensitivity and prepare you for return to aerobic exercise
- A step by step back to work, school or sport protocol to get you back to normal and doing the things you love.
Each treatment program is designed specifically for you, taking into account your unique circumstances and goals.
Is the Post Concussion Rehab Program Right for You?
Our program could be your solution if:
- You have been diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome
- You have been told all you can do is rest and are feeling frustrated
- You are having balance problems
- You are getting dizzy or blurred vision with quick head movements
- Your symptoms are starting to really get you down and you feel you want to do something to help yourself
- You are worried your symptoms should have improved by now and would like some help and guidance
- You tried to get back to work/sport too quickly and things got worse, so you would like a structured plan going forwards
- You just want to get back to normal, feel well again and get your confidence back.
Not Sure if EQ Physio is Right For You?
Take Us Up On 1 Our FREE Options
Book a FREE Concussion Assessment
If you are unsure if Physiotherapy is the right choice for your problem?
Want to know more about what a Physiotherapist can do for you, or you just want to get some advice?
Then click on the button below – fill in the form and one of our team will contact you to discuss your specific concerns and conduct a FREE assessment either in person or over the telephone.
FREE Information PackStruggling with Post Concussion Syndrome symptoms?
Claim your FREE Information Pack – 5 Simple Ways to Get Relief From the Symptoms of Concussion at Home Today.
Would you like some more information about Vestibular Therapy?
Then click the button below to instantly download our FREE information pack.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Chad – Oakville
I've been coming here for a couple of months for treatment after shoulder surgery. Juny is a fantastic physiotherapist. Professional, knowledgable and thorough. It's a great place for treatment.
Michelle Strong, Oakville
I came in with terrible dizziness. Paul was amazing. He diagnosed and treated me quickly and already after 1 session I am feeling so much better.
Kristy (Christine) – Oakville
Paul is amazing!! My daughter is a competitive gymnast and Paul is focused on healing as well as prevention. He goes above and beyond, making sure he always has time to see her, to ensure she can continue with her training pain free.
Bonnie – Oakville
I came to Paul as he was recommended to me by another Physio in Vancouver for IMS treatments. I was suffering from Plantar Faciitis that had caused such pain in my hip that I could not walk without pain. I had been seeing a chiro for the pain for a year and saw no improvement. After the first treatment with Paul I saw some improvement and after just a few months I am pretty much pain free! Paul's approach is very unique as he doesn't just treat the symptom. He looks at the body as a whole and works on correcting all of the different parts that are affected. I highly recommend him as he is very thorough and goes above and beyond to help you.
Sarah – Hamilton
I see Paul once a month for IMS Treatment. I travel from Hamilton to Oakville and it is well worth the drive. My treatments allowed me to heal and now I’m on a maintenance schedule to help keep me working and playing pain free. If your injuries keep on coming back, book in with Paul. He can help! If it’s a new injury, make him your first choice.
Diana - Mississauga
I had ACL and meniscus surgery recently and Paul has been helping me out with my rehabilitation. I also saw Gabe a few times for acupuncture and massages related to my injury. They make sure you are comfortable with and informed about the treatment and exercises in your rehab plan. I highly recommend their services!
Why Choose EQ Physio?
Post Concussion Syndrome Rehab Program
Our highly experienced team are dedicated to helping you after this distressing and frustrating injury.
Our structured treatment program will get you well on the road to recovery and back to doing the things you love without worrying about symptoms of Post Concussion Syndrome
Convenient Opening Times
We understand how busy life can get and how hard it can be to find time to schedule appointments around work.
So that you can prioritise your recovery and focus on getting better rather than asking for time off work, we are open:
9am to 6pm Monday to Friday
9am to 1pm Saturdays
Struggling with Post Concussion Syndrome?
Not sure what to do?
Or who to ask?
Fill in the form to speak to a Physiotherapist today.
Fill in the form and one of our highly qualified team team will be in touch to discuss your specific problem.
Request a Free Concussion Assessment
Fill in the form and one of our highly qualified team will be in touch ASAP
Oakville, ON L6H 6K7
Plenty of onsite FREE PARKING.
Want to find out more?
Download our free information pack –
5 Simple Ways to Get Relief from Concussion Symptoms at Home Today.
Fill in the form and instantly receive your free information pack
Claim Your Free Info Pack
5 Simple Ways to Get Relief from Concussion Symptoms at Home Today