C-19 Virus Update – We are OPEN, following strict guidelines and taking all recommended precautions.
Request Online Consultation
If you are unable to come into the clinic, don’t worry! We can still help you as we are now providing comprehensive online or telephone consultations
Struggling With Bursitis Pain in Your Hip, Knee, Elbow or Shoulder?
Does This Describe You?
- You are struggling with bursitis pain and not sure what to do or who to ask?
- You are frustrated that your injury is stopping you from doing the things you love?
- You are having difficulty sleeping because of your injury and this is affecting your energy and well being during the day?
- You are frustrated that it feels like life is on hold since your injury started?
- You are starting to worry that this isn’t ever going to get better and might mean arthritis or an operation?
Here at EQ Physio clinic, our highly experienced team are dedicated to serving the local community in Oakville and helping bursitis sufferers just like you, get back to doing the things you love, without pain or restriction.
Struggling With Bursitis Pain?
Claim Your Free Information Pack – 5 Simple Ways To Relieve Bursitis Pain at Home TodayDownload Bursitis Info Pack
What is Bursitis?
And why is your bursitis not getting better?
Bursitis is a painful condition that affects the small, fluid-filled sacs — called bursae.
These fluid filled sacs exist to cushion the bones, tendons and muscles near your joints.
Bursitis occurs when bursae become inflamed. The inflammation often causes pain and swelling in the area.
The most common locations for bursitis are in the:
- shoulder- sub-acromial bursitis
- elbow – olecranon bursitis
- hip – trochanteric bursitis
- knee – suprapatellar bursitis
- ankle – retrocalcaneal bursitis.
Muscle imbalances and a condition called tendinopathy is often present alongside bursitis but has often been missed, preventing full resolution of your pain.
The Bursitis Program
Here at EQ Physio Clinic we have helped many patients just like you with our 3 Step Bursitis Program
Step 1 – Remove Your Pain
This step begins an with accurate diagnosis to make sure we target what is causing the pain.
Treatment often involves:
- Soft and deep tissue massage techniques
- Gentle joint mobilisation techniques
- Isometric exercises
Step 2 – Rebuild and Restore Using The Latest Technology
Here at EQ Physio we have invested in the latest technology to get the best result for our bursitis cases.
Your treatment will be tailored to your specific injury and circumstances. It may include:
- Laser Therapy
- Intramuscular Stimulation
These modalities help to speed up recovery by reducing pain, muscle tension and inflammation and increasing blood flow.
Step 3 – Improve Performance
Whether your goal is to be able to:
- Lift your grandchildren again.
- Get back to the gym.
- Sleep through the night.
Our 3rd step is vital to make sure that you have the strength in the muscles around your joint, to get back to doing the things you love without pain or restriction.
This will involve a tailored combination of stretching and strengthening rehabilitation techniques based on the latest research.
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
Laser therapy can:
- Reduce therapy time by accelerating the body’s ability to heal itself.
- Safely treat pain by influencing and increase the metabolic activity of cells and triggering positive biological cellular changes.
- Relieve pain by reducing swelling, bruising or inflammation.
- Increase circulation to damaged cell sites
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Every bursitis case is different and each treatment program is tailored to suit your specific circumstances and goals. The number of treatments varies from person to person depending on a number of factors such as how long the injury has been present and the severity of the pain.
Here at EQ Physio your treatment will be guided by our FREEDOM TO MOVE Bursitis Program of Care. This program involves a 3 Stage goal-oriented process and has been developed based on our combined >25 years of experience treating thousands of patients like you. It utilizes the latest technology like Laser Therapy and other evidence based treatment methods to get you back to doing the things you love as soon as possible.
Is the Bursitis Program Right for You?
This program may be the solution for you if:
- You are struggling with pain in your hip, shoulder, elbow or knee.
- You are having trouble sleeping because of your pain and this is impacting your mood and energy during the day.
- You have been told to have an injection and would like to avoid this.
- You have already had an injection and the pain has come back.
- You have been told to take painkillers and would like to get to the root of the problem.
- You are starting to worry about arthritis and it’s getting you down.
Are you struggling with Bursitis Pain?
TaTake Us Up On One Our FREE Options
Book a FREE Bursitis Assessment
If you are unsure if Physiotherapy is the right choice for your problem?
Want to know more about what a Physiotherapist can do for you, or you just want to get some advice?
Then click on the button below – fill in the form and one of our team will contact you to discuss your specific concerns and conduct a FREE assessment either in person or over the telephone.
FREE Bursitis Information PackStruggling with Bursitis pain?
Claim your FREE Information Pack – 5 Simple Ways to Get Relief From Bursitis at Home Today.
Then click the button below to instantly download our FREE information pack.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Chad – Oakville
I've been coming here for a couple of months for treatment after shoulder surgery. Juny is a fantastic physiotherapist. Professional, knowledgable and thorough. It's a great place for treatment.
Michelle Strong, Oakville
I came in with terrible dizziness. Paul was amazing. He diagnosed and treated me quickly and already after 1 session I am feeling so much better.
Kristy (Christine) – Oakville
Paul is amazing!! My daughter is a competitive gymnast and Paul is focused on healing as well as prevention. He goes above and beyond, making sure he always has time to see her, to ensure she can continue with her training pain free.
Bonnie – Oakville
I came to Paul as he was recommended to me by another Physio in Vancouver for IMS treatments. I was suffering from Plantar Faciitis that had caused such pain in my hip that I could not walk without pain. I had been seeing a chiro for the pain for a year and saw no improvement. After the first treatment with Paul I saw some improvement and after just a few months I am pretty much pain free! Paul's approach is very unique as he doesn't just treat the symptom. He looks at the body as a whole and works on correcting all of the different parts that are affected. I highly recommend him as he is very thorough and goes above and beyond to help you.
Sarah – Hamilton
I see Paul once a month for IMS Treatment. I travel from Hamilton to Oakville and it is well worth the drive. My treatments allowed me to heal and now I’m on a maintenance schedule to help keep me working and playing pain free. If your injuries keep on coming back, book in with Paul. He can help! If it’s a new injury, make him your first choice.
Diana - Mississauga
I had ACL and meniscus surgery recently and Paul has been helping me out with my rehabilitation. I also saw Gabe a few times for acupuncture and massages related to my injury. They make sure you are comfortable with and informed about the treatment and exercises in your rehab plan. I highly recommend their services!
Why Choose EQ Physio?
Latest Treatment Technologies
Here at Power Physiotherapy we are constantly investing in the latest available treatment techniques and technologies, to ensure we can achieve the best possible outcome for our patients.
We currently offer:
- Laser Therapy
- Intramuscular stimulation
Convenient Opening Times
We understand how busy life can get and how hard it can be to find time to schedule appointments around work.
So that you can prioritise your recovery and focus on getting better rather than asking for time off work, we are open:
9am to 6pm Monday to Friday
9am to 1pm Saturdays
Hands On Treatment
We are proud of our reputation in the central Cairns for providing an exceptional hands on treatment.
We are dedicated to providing effective traditional hands on physiotherapy treatment and never leave our patients hooked up to electrotherapy machines.
Comprehensive Online Video Consultations
Not able to attend clinic right now?
We can still help you.
Our dedicated team are now offering comprehensive online consultations that include:
- Taking a thorough history of your problem
- Guiding you safely through a series of tests and movements to help determine the cause of the problem
- Giving you a diagnosis for your injury and specific advice on things to avoid during your recovery
- Developing a recovery plan tailored to you and your specific problem
- Talking you through self-treatment techniques you can safely do at home
Fill in the form below to request your comprehensive online/video consultation.
Struggling with Bursitis Pain?
Not sure what to do?
Or who to ask?
Not able to attend clinic right now? Don’t worry, we can still help.
Fill in the form to speak to a Physiotherapist and get the help and advice that you need.
Request an Online or Telephone Bursitis Assessment
Fill in the form and one of our highly qualified team will be in touch ASAP
Oakville, ON L6H 6K7
Plenty of onsite FREE PARKING.
Want to find out more?
Download our free information pack –
5 Simple Ways to Relieve Bursitis Pain at Home Today.
Fill in the form and instantly receive your free information pack
Claim Your Free Bursitis Info Pack
5 Simple Ways to Relieve Bursitis Pain at Home Today